It has been announced that the next version of the System Center suite (System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM), System Center Data Protection (DPM), System Center Operation Manager (SCOM), System Center Orchestrator (SCO) and System Center Service Manager (SCSM)) will be available later this month, March 2019.
System Center 2019 is the Long Term Servicing Channel (LTS) release of the suite and roll up updates are expected to be delivered every 6 months.
As part the new or improved features, we have:
- Complete support of Windows Server 2019 in all SCOM management packs
- HTML 5 for SCOM web console and email notifications
- Support of Exchange 2019 and SharePoint 2019 by DPM
- Support of PowerShell v4 by SCO
- New administration role in SCVMM (Virtual Machine Administrator) to grant read-only visibility into the fabric while still giving controls for virtual machine operations
- Simplification in patch management from SCVMM for virtual machine by integrating with Azure Update Management