Since working with SharePoint 2013, I had lot of crawl warning saying the file was not fully indexed as it reached the maximum download limit: “The file reached the maximum download limit warnings. Check that the full text of the document can be meaningfully crawled”.
Clearly, it was an ‘issue’ with the new search engine (now SharePoint 2013 is fully using Fast as search engine) as my content was properly crawled with SharePoint 2010.
The solution is (off course) to increase the download limit for the index process.
- Open the SharePoint Management Shell
- Run the following commands
- $searchapp = Get-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication
- $searchapp.GetProperty(“MaxDownloadSize”) |this command is just to check the current value; default is 64
- $searchapp.SetProperty(“MaxDownloadSize”, <value>) where you replace <value> with the download limit; for example, 128
- Restart the server
- Do a full crawl and the ‘download’ warnings will disappears