A new Azure service, called Update Staging Lab, is currently going under private preview (see below to register) to help ISV (and potentially you too) to validate application against pre-released builds of Windows security updates.
We all know, in the past, there has been quite few drama with applications after getting some Windows Updates being deployed on devices, even if (as best practices) there was testing up front.
Problem is/was it is always difficult to be able to test upfront such thing, meaning you had to wait for the updates being available in Microsoft Update services and have the ability to replicate your production environment (which is always difficult to keep in synch and quite costly to implement and manage).
Well, with the Update Staging Lab, you will be able to:
- Access to monthly Windows security updates prior to public release
- Faster rollout of security updates to protect enterprise devices
- Lowered update validation costs by simplifying deployment and configuration of validation environments
- World-class intelligence from Microsoft about your apps (e.g. performance data, API impact analysis, etc.)
- Microsoft expertise in migrating test content to Azure
To register to this private preview and start evaluating and providing feedbacks (this is the important part of the preview0, you can register here https://aka.ms/JoinUSL