Today, Microsoft has announced some important changes in the ForeFront products line, as part of their effort to the cloud journey:
- ForeFront Online Protection for Exchange has been renamed to Exchange Online Protection; this may be clearer the idea and going in the new direction (see below for relation )
- A basic antimalware protection is added onto Exchange 2013, as usual this can be changed with a third party product
- IMPORTANT Discontinuing ForeFront products:
- ForeFront Protection for Exchange
- ForeFront Protection for SharePoint
- ForeFront Protection for Office Communication Server (this explains why we never see a ForeFront Protection for Lync)
- ForeFront Threat Management Gateway & ForeFront Threat Management Gateway Web Protection Services
It is now part of the main product group to provide their own protection solution for SharePoint or Lync.
There is no change (for now??) on the ForeFront Identity Management and ForeFront Unified Access Gateway products line.