Windows Home Server is part of a long-term vision by Microsoft to create a new platform for the home. Windows Home Server helps families and home-based businesses with multiple computers to organize, share, and automatically back up photos, videos, music, and other important documents. With over 130,000 registered Microsoft Connect users, there is a stong and vibrant community of enthusiasts helping to improve Windows Home Server software.
Windows Home Server code name "Vail" is the version 2 release of Windows Home Server, now based on Windows Server ® 2008 R2. There are some exciting new features that you can try out if you choose to join the Windows Home Server Connect program such as:
- Extending media streaming outside the home or office
- Improvements in multi-PC backup and restore
- Simplified setup and user experience
- Significantly expanded development and customization tools for partners
- Much, much more!
- Test the latest beta software (and then tell us what you think about it!)
- Submit bug reports
- Suggest ideas on how to make the product better
- Participate in the Windows Home Server forum and hear from others who are actively involved in making the product better for everyone, get answers to your questions and get feedback on your ideas for the product