To follow my previous which announced the availability of the extension for Office 365 integration with Office 365, here is a small post regarding the installation and configuration.
Go to the Connect website to get the update for Office 365 integration (http://connect.microsoft.com/sbs)
Before to install this update, you must ensure your SBE is up to date; especially, ensure you have the Update Rollup 1 for SBE installed (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2554629)
Once the update has been installed you will see a change on your SBE Dashboard; the link “Set up Microsoft Office 365 Integration” has changed. You can now configured the Office 365 integration.
Please note your SBE server needs to be restarted.
- Click on the Set up Microsoft Office 365 Integration link available from your SBE Dashboard.
- Follow the wizard; note you can subscribe directly from this wizard to Office 365 or reuse an existing Office 365 subscription. If you don’t check the option “I already have a subscription Office 365”, you will have the option to subscribe to Office 365.
For this post, I reuse an existing Office 365 subscription, which is an Enterprise plan.
- After subscribing or trialing Office 365, you are asked to enter your Office 365 administration account
- Then the wizard is informing you that your password policy must be strong (lower/upper case, number…). In case of your current password policy doesn’t meet this policy, please update yours and inform your users
- Then the wizard is configuring itself
- Once the configuration has been done and applied, you must restart your Dashboard
- Starting this point, you are now connected to your Office 365 tenant and are able to manage it directly from your SBE Dashboard