In order to simplify Exchange 2013 deployment, I created PowerShell scripts to automatically download and install software prerequisites as well as activate Windows role and features.
One script has been created for Windows Server 2008 R2, another one for Windows Server 2012.
For each script:
Specific for Windows Server 2008 R2, a ZIP file containing Windows Update files is provided; you have to extract them before executing the script – destination folder must be use as destination folder for other downloaded files
- PowerShell is checking if running as administrator; if not, restart PowerShell as administrator
- Set PowerShell policy to allow script to be executed
- Ask for directory to store required files
- Install every required files
- Activate Windows role & features
- Restart computer
Download the scripts
Download Windows Update package– removed as Windows Server 2008 R2 is out of support Download Windows Server 2008 R2 Script– removed as Windows Server 2008 R2 is out of support
- Download Windows Server 2012 Script
Feel free to use it and provide feedbacks.