As you may know Microsoft Team is “chat-based” collaboration tool part of Office 365.
So if you are using Microsoft Teams, you may have as an administrator to recover a deleted Team. As for many recovery process with Office 365, this all start with PowerShell.
- First you need to have the preview of AzureAD PowerShell (version 18.104.22.168), to install it just run a PowerShell command prompt as administrator and run the command Install-Module -Name AzureADPreview
- Then you will have to confirm you want to install the AzureADPreview module from the repository; unless you already have set this repository as trusted
NOTE: if you already had a previous version of the AzureADPreview module installed, use the –Force parameter (Install-Module -Name AzureADPreview –Force)
- Only then the AzureADPreview module is downloaded and installed
Recover the deleted Team
- Once you have the AzureADPreview module installed, connect to your tenant using the command Connect-AzureAD
- List the deleted Microsoft Teams using the command Get-AzureADMSDeletedGroup
- Identify the delete Team you want to recover and copy the Id; then use the command Restore-AzureADMSDeletedDirectoryObject –Id <Team ID>
- Your team has been recovered. NOTE it may take up to 24 hours to get it available to end-users after the recovery