With SharePoint 2013, Microsoft has finally improved the out of the box mobile browser navigation.
If you connect to a SharePoint 2013 site with a mobile browser, you will go to the mobile version of the site – ok, this is exactly the same since SharePoint 2007.
The news are:
- you can switch to the PC View (if your browser can support it off course) and will have the same view than if you connect from your workstation
- Just hit the Options button at the top right
- Then choose Switch to PC View
- You are now switched to the standard version
- If you want to go back to the mobile version, repeat the steps: hit the Options button
- Then choose Mobile view
- if you defined a navigation bar (the top bar), you can now also see it/use it with your mobile browser (you must have reached the mobile version)
- Hit the Page title
- Then, the navigation bar is shown, allowing you to use it