As you may already know, Microsoft has provided the Productivity Hub hosted by a SharePoint 2010 site collection.
For those who don’t know what is Productivity Hub: this is a Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 SP1 site collection that offers training materials for end-users.
Until today, the Productivity Hub was not compatible with SharePoint 2010 SP1 (due to the site collection backup).
So go to http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=28178 to get the updated release.
Here is a quick overview:
What the Productivity Hub is:
- Format: Pre-loaded SharePoint site collection, optimized for Web 2.0 functionality and easily deployed within SharePoint 2010 SP1 environment
- Content: Convenient end user productivity training in a variety of formats (documents, videos, podcasts, etc.). Receive free periodic updates of content that you will learn about through the Productivity blog.
- Blog: The Productivity blog offers tips and tricks for end user productivity. Use it as is, or your training staff can use the posts as their own to help them get started in running an internal blog.
- Train the trainer: Includes IT/Manager section to aid with deployment of the site collection, and guidance to develop the Coach program
- Products: Office (2007 & 2010), SharePoint (2007 & 2010), Windows 7, Internet Explorer 9, Project (2007 & 2010), Visio (2007 & 2010), Publisher (2007 & 2010), Live Meeting 2007, Communicator 2007, Groove 2007 and Lync 2010